This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. You may view the disclosure here.
Summer Engagement Photo Outfits and Ideas
Summer is a great time to take engagement photos, especially in the evening.
If you are searching for summer engagement photo ideas or summer engagement photo outfit ideas, you are in the right spot!
Continue scrolling for beautiful and fun summer engagement photo outfits and summer engagement photo dresses.
Summer Engagement Photo Outfits for Her and Him
Here are a few ideas for inspiration!
1. Floral Print Flirty Dress for Her + Slacks and Vest for Him
2. Off the Shoulder Maxi Dress for Her + Black Slacks and Collared Shirt for Him
3. Pink Wrap Dress for Her + Burgundy Collared Shirt for Him
4. Cute Cream Dress for Her + White Shirt and Black Slacks for Him
5. Red Maxi Dress for Her + Slacks and Collared Shirt for Him
6. White Tank Top and a Pink Skirt for Her + Dark Jeans and White Shirt for Him
7. Maxi Dress for Her + Jeans and Collared Shirt for Him
8. Green Dress for Her + Green Shirt for Him
9. Green Flowy Dress for Her + Green Shirt and Khakis for Him
10. Simple Black Dress for Her + Jeans and Jacket for Him
You can’t go wrong with a classy black dress!
You can wear a simple $30 dress and your fiancée can wear simple shorts and a short-sleeve collared short. Here are a few pictures for inspiration!
11. Sundress for Her + Khaki Pants and Polo for Him
The good thing about taking engagement photos in the summertime is that you don’t HAVE to dress up. You can go the casual route!
12. Maxi Dress for Her + Short Sleeve Shirt and Pants for Him
I LOVE this casual summer engagement photo idea!
13. White Maxi Dress for Her + Yellow Collared Shirt for Him
14. Casual Summer Engagement Floral Dress for Her + Short-Sleeve Collared Shirt for Him
A fun, short engagement photo dress with flowers is flirty and makes for cheerful, bright photos.
Photo by A Creative Pear Photography.
15. Navy Blue Dress for Her + Collared Shirt for Him
Are your engagement photos in August or September?
This is the perfect late summer engagement outfit for her and him!
16. Red Dress for Her + Blue Shirt for Him
17. Tropical Maxi Dress for Her + Collared Shirt for Him
18. Yellow Summer Engagement Photo Dress for Her + Suit for Him for an Outdoor Mountain Shoot
A bright yellow dress stands out when taking photos outside. I love this bright, cheery yellow dress for a mountain engagement photoshoot.
19. Boho Dress for Her + White Collared Shirt for Him
You will LOVE this boho dress for a summer engagement photoshoot.
20. White Dress for Her + Collared Jeans and Shirt for Him
This casual summer engagement photo dress is so, so cute!
The Best Heels to Wear in Your Summer Engagement Photos
Here are my top picks of the best heels to wear with your engagement dress.
Best Summer Dresses for Engagement Photos
Here are a few of the best dresses for a summer engagement photoshoot!
Best Colors to Wear for Summer Engagement Photos
Not sure of the best color for summer engagement photos?
Popular summer colors include cobalt blue, coral, pink, white, and red.
Unlike spring engagement photos, summer engagement photo outfits tend to be brighter. Think more along the lines of bright blue versus light blue and emerald green versus a mint green.
You really can’t go wrong with what color you pick, just don’t wear a boring black or brown!
If you are blonde, consider wearing one of these colors.
Summer Engagement Photo Outfits for Him
If you are taking casual engagement photos, your guy may look sharp in khaki shorts or light blue or green shorts and a button-up colored shirt. Demin jeans and a simple polo shirt work well too! Just make sure his shirt is a solid color versus something with a lot of patterns on it.
For more semi-casual engagement photos, he can wear jeans and a nice, collared shirt or pants (gray, khaki, black) and a button-down shirt.
What to Wear for Him
- Black slacks + collared shirt
- Dark blue jeans + collared shirt
- Khaki shorts + polo (for casual photos)
This men’s casual blazer is also AMAZING for summer photos. It’s the perfect mix between dressy and casual.
Summer Engagement Photo Locations
Not sure where to take your spring engagement photos?
Ask your photographer for their recommendations! They probably know the best spots in town.
- Parks and Hiking Paths (anywhere outside!)
- Local Colleges
- Local Tourist Locations
- By Lakes or Beaches
- Outside Your Home (on the front porch steps)
- On Local Walking Paths and Bike Trials
More Summer Engagement Outfit Ideas
Summer Engagement Photoshoot Locations in Atlanta, GA
Live in Atlanta? Here are a few locations/spots to have your spring engagement photos taken!
- Along the Beltline
- Outside Berry College
- Cator Woolford Gardens
- The Swan House
- Lake Acworth
- Kennesaw Park
- East Palisades Park
- Piedmont Park (and by their steps on the active oval!)
FAQs about Engagement Photos
What should I wear for summer engagement photos?
Maxi dresses (ankle-length dresses) look great in summer photos! You also can’t go wrong with a simple cotton dress for summer engagement photos.
What to Wear for Her
- Maxi dress + sandals
- Long, maxi skirt + crop top
- Floral print, knee length dress + wedges
What should I wear for mountain engagement photos?
Long dresses look great in mountain engagement photos! Go with a floral print dress for a softer look or a deep burgundy or bold, bright color for more contrast.
I personally like bold colors and no patterns on dresses for mountain photos. It's less distracting and makes the photos more focused on the couple and the scenery versus the outfit itself.
See below for inspiration.
What should you not wear for engagement photos?
Avoid clothes that are too tight or too bright (like bright orange). You can wear white, but it's usually not recommended.
You can wear t-shirts and jeans if you want, but I'd personally recommend steering clear of going casual. Dress up for your engagement photos in a nice dress and have your fiancee wear nice, dark jeans or black slacks and a collared shirt.
How far in advance should you take engagement photos?
Most couples take engagement photos 1-2 months after getting engaged. So there's no need to wait!
Many couples are also using their engagement photos as a nice collage on the "save the date" postcards.
What time of day is best for engagement photos?
Most photographers recommend 2-3 hours before sunset. Work with your engagement photographer to determine the best time for photos. He/she should know the best lighting for the time of year.
How much do engagement photos cost?
Most couples end up paying $200-$500 for engagement photos.
You can also ask a friend to take photos for you if you are okay with less professional-looking photos! Sometimes a photographer friend will be happy to take the photos as their wedding gift to you.
Summer Beach Engagement Photos
Want to get your photos taken on the beach? Check out this post with beach engagement photos and outfits for inspiration.