College Care Package Ideas
Searching for great (and useful!) college care package ideas?
If you have a daughter, niece, or cousin who is going off to college and feeling anxious, a college care gift package is the PERFECT gift.
College Care Package Ideas
But you don’t need to spend $50 on a pre-made college care package. And PLEASE don’t send her the stereotypical care packages filled with hot cocoa or instant coffee, pens, cleaning and laundry supplies, granola bars, energy bars, and…more snacks.
10 Best College Care Package Ideas to Include in a College Care Package for Her
Here are 10 UNIQUE and FUN college care package ideas a girl will actually enjoy and like.
(This post may contain affiliate links. View the disclosure here.)
1. Her Favorite Hair Tie to Add to a College Care Package
Yes, it’s a cheap gift. But girls love hair ties! Get her a fun scrunchie and a new set of hair ties. A girl can never have enough!
- Cute and soft scunchies in colorful colors from Target.com
- Goody Ouchless Hair Ties (brown, black, white) on Amazon.com
- Sophisticated scrunchies for summer and fall on Amazon.com
2. Gift Card to Her Local College Bookstore
Don’t buy her pens, notebooks, and binders. She’ll want to choose her own.
BUT, she will want to get a new hoodie or t-shirt with her college’s name on it.
Send her a $50 gift card to her local college’s bookstore and she’ll DEFINITELY love what she ends up buying herself.
3. Gift Card to Starbucks for a Back to School Gift
Girls love coffee, and Starbucks is a treat for girls. Add a $25 gift card to Starbucks to the college gift card for your daughter, your niece, or your best friend heading off to college and she’ll love it.
4. A Weighted Blanket for a Luxurious Present
I never knew how wonderful weighted blankets were, until I got one last week (from Aldi!).
A weighted blanket is so calming and a great stress-reliever. It may not fit in a college “care package” per se, but she will love it.
5. An Essential Oil / Aromatherapy Diffuser for Stressful College Days
Most college campuses don’t allow candles, but they will allow an essential aromatherapy diffuser.
Add a pretty oil diffuser to her care package so that she can make her dorm room smell nice.
6. Beauty Face Mask to Bond with New Roommates in College
Face masks can be fun, and a great way to bond with a new roommate! Target and Amazon.com sell a variety of fun, one-time use face masks. If anything, she’ll get a kick out of taking fun pictures and sending them to you!
- Set of 12 “Glam Up” Korean face masks for under $10 on Amazon.com
- Set of 12 “Celavi” Korean face masks in tea tree, honey, avocado, and more on Amazon.com
7. Grocery Store Gift Card to Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods
A college student is usually low on money. A gift card to her favorite grocery store to buy her special snacks will always be appreciated!
8. A New Set of PJs for Her to Wear in College Dorms
If you know her style and size, add a cute set of PJ shorts and a top to her college care package. My favorite pair of PJs from Amazon are below. They are super soft, super feminine, and so cute! Plus, they are appropriate for co-ed dorms.
I am 135-140 pounds and bought a size small.
Buy Serendelicacy Silky Satin PJs on Amazon.com
9. Fun Nail Polish in Her College’s Colors (or Just Fun Colors!)
Buy her a set of Essie nail polish in her school’s colors.
10. Target Gift Card (for Any College Student!)
Everyone loves a gift card, and girls especially love Target. If you are completely clueless on what to include in a college care package, add a gift card and she’ll be delighted.
What Are Your Go-To College Beauty Products?
Are you heading off to college? Or maybe reminiscing about the good-old college days?
What are/were your favorite beauty and makeup products? I’d love to hear from you!!!